Rock Your Next Lemonade Stand with Strawberry Lemonade
Fresh summer strawberries provide a refreshing twist when making pink lemonade. Kids will love to serve this delicious recipe at their next lemonade stand!
Makes 2 quarts (8 cups)
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 7 lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups cold water
- Remove strawberry stems, and then cut each berry in half.
- With an adult’s help, puree the strawberries in a blender or mini prep food processor until it’s completely smooth.
- Pour the strawberry puree through a fine-mesh strainer (to remove the seeds) into a pitcher.
- Whisk in lemon juice and sugar until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in the water and whisk until it’s all mixed together.
From The Lemonade Stand Cookbook: Step-by-Step Recipes and Crafts for Kids to Make--and Sell!, by Kathy Strahs (Burnt Cheese Press, 2017). Reprinted with permission.
Published June 2017