Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Children often refuse vegetables, so including a daily green smoothie is a perfect way to help incorporate nutritious vegetables into your child’s diet. This healthy version of a mint chocolate chip shake serves as a quick breakfast or energy-restoring snack. Bonus for moms: the protein content can even help boost weight loss.
- ¼ cup vanilla or plain protein powder
- 1 handful kale leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. green superfood blend
- 6 mint leaves
- ½ cup water or coconut water
- 2/3 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- ¼ avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. xylitol or a few drops of stevia, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. raw cacao nibs
- 4 ice cubes
Put all ingredients (except cacao nibs and ice) into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add cacao nibs and ice, and pulse to combine, keeping some texture.
Find more recipes like this in The Supercharged Green Juice & Smoothie Diet, by Christine Bailey,
featuring recipes to boost weight loss, detoxification and energy using green vegetables and super-supplements.
Published March 2016
|< Prev||Next >|