San Diego Family's Guidelines for Writing BUSINESS Spotlight: Advertisers in the NewsAs part of its editorial focus, San Diego Family Magazine offers Business Spotlight columns in each issue. The purpose of this column is to acquaint our readers with the services and changes that you, our advertiser, want to publicize. This editorial opportunity is an excellent means to promote your special events and news items.Take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your advertising message by using an editorial format! Our goal is to better serve your marketing needs while meeting the needs of our readers. To help us do that, here are some guidelines to assist you when writing your Business Spotlight.
- Include: Name of business; all locations; phone and fax numbers; website.
Ideas for News Items: open house, new staff, popular trend/new service offered, new location, seasonal specials, anniversary celebration, business profile or any other special event that needs promotion.
Other possible questions to answer:
- How long have you been in business?
- What is different about your business?
- Why should our readers use your services?
- Keep your word count at no more than 250 words.
- Write the news item as a journalist would – in the third person. First person statements will be edited to reflect a third person perspective.
- Quotes from appropriate experts if available are terrific.
- Include a photo or artwork to complement your news item. If you use a digital camera, set the image size on the highest number to take the best photo possible.
- Save all submissions as a text or rtf file and e-mail final copy directly to your marketing director.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 619-685-6986
Giovanni Baldan is the Advertising/Marketing Director for San Diego Downtown, Uptown, and South Bay
email@example.com or call him at 619-685-6987
Ramona Warner is the Advertising/Marketing Director for East County
firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 619-685-5860
Tony Andrews is the Advertising/Marketing Director for Point Loma, La Jolla, Pacific Beach, and North County Coastal email@example.com or call him at 619-685-6977
Kirsten Loewen is the Advertising/Marketing Director for North County Inland (including Scripps Ranch)
firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 619-685-6971
NOTE: Business Spotlights are subject to editing. Entries are offered on a space-available basis and are published as space permits.